A snow emergency is NOT currently in effect.

Permits and Licenses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Peddler or solicitor license 

All solicitors, including nonprofit organizations, are required to register with the city. If you are a peddler or solicitor, please follow the steps below to obtain a license.

  1. Complete the peddler/solicitor license application and refer to the application instructions for more details. Applications are also available at the St. Louis Park Police Department Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

  2. Bring the completed application, your valid government-issued ID and the $150 per-person application fee to the police department. Cash, check or credit cards are accepted. The application fee may be waived for non-profits and Interstate commerce. To be eligible, you must submit a tax-exempt document from the Secretary of State, stating your organization is registered as a nonprofit 501(c)3, or for businesses not based in Minnesota, the Certificate of Registration (Business Certificate) from the state where the business was registered. If applicable, also bring your organization’s workers compensation certificate (Certificate of Liability Insurance). 

    Allow adequate time if completing the application in-person. Completed applications are accepted Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Each person applying for a solicitor permit must appear in person with their completed application and government-issued ID.

  3. Once approved, the police department will contact you to come in and have your photo taken. After your photo is taken, your permit card will be issued.

Note: Your permit may be immediately suspended or revoked by the city for good cause. Please refer to the City Code for revoked causes, prohibited activities and the notification process.

For more information, view the peddler or solicitor application FAQs.

Gun permit

For permits to purchase a handgun, pick up an application at the St. Louis Park Police Department. Applicants must live in St. Louis Park and provide a photo ID as proof of residency. Permit approval takes about seven to 10 days, and permits are valid for one year. Application forms are also available at the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.

Permits to carry a handgun are issued by all county sheriffs in Minnesota. Hennepin County residents may contact the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office. If you have a valid permit to carry, you do not need to apply for a separate permit to purchase. For more information on permits to carry, visit: