Several police officers are assigned as school liaison officers during the school year. If you have a concern or question about a student during the school year, please call one of the school liaison officers below:
Senior high schoolOfficer Pam Gronski
Police department: 952.924.2129
Junior high school — School liaison/D.A.R.E.Officer Ryan Skog
Police department: 952.924.2136
Private schoolsOfficer Dennis Maki
Elementary schools — School liaison/D.A.R.E.Officer Jennifer Capobianco
Reasons to call a school liaison officer
- Concerns about suspicious persons near bus stops, parks or schools (If the person is currently near children, call 911!)
- Questions about laws regarding truancy, curfew, smoking, driving privileges, etc.
- Concerns about a child who may be a victim of abuse or neglect
- Advice on managing a child who's gravitating toward "the wrong crowd"
- Help on handling harassment or threats
- Information on identifying early signs of juvenile alcohol or drug use
- Referrals to agencies that provide counseling, mediation or other assistance