Your next election is Aug. 11, 2020.
City, state and federal elections for the City of St. Louis Park are administered by the city clerk. We know that sometimes information about elections can be confusing or intimidating. Staff in the city clerk's office are available to answer your questions about:
- Voter registration
- Early (absentee) voting
- Where to vote
- How to get involved with elections
- Voting under special circumstances
Presidential primary election results
To view results of the March 3, 2020 primary election, visit the Secretary of State's website.
Your next election is on Aug. 11, 2020 — the state primary.
Key 2020 election dates
There are three elections in 2020. On each Election Day, polling places are open from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. During each early (absentee) voting period, you can vote at St. Louis Park City Hall from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
|Election type||Election Day||Early (absentee voting period)||Last day to
|Presidential nomination primary
||March 3, 2020||Jan. 17 – March 2, 2020
||Feb. 11, 2020
|State primary election||Aug. 11, 2020||June 26 – Aug. 10, 2020
||July 21, 2020
|State general election||Nov. 3, 2020||Sept. 18 – Nov. 2, 2020
||Oct. 13, 2020
Want more information about the upcoming elections in 2020? View our elections FAQs.
1. Make a plan to vote
- Know key election dates.
- Decide when and where you will vote (early, on Election Day; through the mail, in-person at city hall, etc.).
2. Register to vote
- Check your registration and make updates if necessary.
- New to St. Louis Park? Register at your new address.
- Learn more about voter registration options and requirements.
3. Find your polling place
- Find your polling place to see where you vote on Election Day.
- Want to vote early through absentee voting? Come to St. Louis Park City Hall or request a ballot through the mail.
4. View a sample ballot
- Sample ballots are available 46 days before each election.
- View the exact candidates that will be on your ballot. (Available starting 46 days before each election.)
5. Go vote!
- Vote early at city hall or through the mail through absentee voting.
- Vote at your polling place on Election Day.
Email and text updates
Interested in receiving the latest news and education materials about elections and voting in 2020? Sign up to receive email and/or text updates!
In St. Louis Park we value voter engagement and education. We want all St. Louis Park voters to feel informed, included and heard. The city's elections outreach staff will be attending and hosting events throughout the community to help educate residents about voting. Let us show you how easy and fun it can be! Learn more about elections outreach.
Security and outside information
You may receive mail or other items from outside sources in 2020. As your official elections office in St. Louis Park, material produced by the city will always contain our “Experience VOTING in the Park” logo. If you have any questions about an item you received, contact our elections office.
Security is critical to every election. For information on how your vote is securely and accurately counted see the resources on the Secretary of State’s site about their efforts.
Contact the elections office Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.