A snow emergency is NOT currently in effect.

Student Election Judges

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of St Louis Park provides high school students the opportunity to serve as student election judges in the General Election alongside election judges. Serving as a student election judge is a great way to serve your community and gain valuable experience while earning money. It also looks great on college applications and resumes!


  • High school student age 16 or older
  • U.S. citizen
  • In good academic standing
  • Available to work a minimum of eight hours on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 6
  • Complete St. Louis Park payroll forms
  • Successfully complete required training sessions

How to apply

If you are interested in servings as a student election judge for the General Election, complete the online student election judge application.

If you are selected as a Student Election Judge you will be notified by letter of your precinct assignment for the Nov. 6, 2018 election. This letter will also contain information regarding available training sessions. Your precinct’s chair judge will contact you to discuss your schedule, which will be between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Election Day.


Student election judges are required to complete equipment training and forms and procedures training. Each training class will last approximately two hours. Available training dates will be listed below once they are available.


Student election judges are paid $9.75 per hour, including time for training classes. The income is taxable. No W2 form will be mailed by the city for any annual income less than $600.

Required forms

Completed St. Louis Park payroll forms are required to serve as a student election judge. They will be sent to you after the city receives your application. The required forms include:

  • W4
  • Authorization for direct payroll deposit (bank account does not have to be your own)
  • Student release form

Return all completed forms to:

City Clerk’s Office
5005 Minnetonka Blvd.
St. Louis Park, MN 55416.


Michael Sund