Where is there free Wi-Fi
Go wireless in these areas of St. Louis Park:
- St. Louis Park City Hall
- St. Louis Park Police Department lobby
- The Rec Center, Aquatic Park and ROC (Recreation Outdoor Center)
- Municipal Service Center (MSC)
- Westwood Hills Nature Center main building and picnic shelter building
- Lenox Community Center
- Public areas of Fire Station 1 and Fire Station 2
- Aquila, Birchwood, Browndale, Fern Hill, Louisiana Oaks, Nelson and Oak Hill park shelters and picnic shelter
- Linear Park (West End, between Utica Ave. S. and Hwy. 100 frontage road)
- Wolfe Park Building, playground area and Veterans' Memorial Amphitheater
- West End Community Room and Atrium (located inside the ICON Theater building)
Why Wi-Fi in the parks?
Fiber is being extended to several city park buildings to provide security cameras and to allow remote locking and unlocking of bathroom facilities at park buildings. The security cameras are useful in dealing with issues of vandalism and dumping while the ability to make park restrooms available in an efficient way makes the parks more usable.
Wi-Fi is very inexpensive to add once the fiber extension/connection is made, and makes our community and our parks more attractive for casual users as well as those who rent park shelters. Additionally, it fits the city council’s goals of making St. Louis Park a technology-connected community and of advancing racial equity by providing free, public Wi-Fi access in as many public locations as possible for all residents and visitors.