The City of St. Louis Park established the Outstanding Citizen Award Program to provide the community with an opportunity to publicly acknowledge the contributions made by certain individuals who have worked and dedicated their time for the betterment of our community. An individual may be nominated by anyone.
The city believes it is important to recognize St. Louis Park community members for extraordinary accomplishments, heroic and courageous efforts, and perseverance despite incredible odds. To honor these outstanding efforts, the city has developed a community recognition program to recognize and honor our outstanding citizens.
How to nominate someone
- Complete the below nomination form.
- Attach a written nomination that includes a statement by the nominator specifically explaining why the nominated individual is worthy of receiving the award. Include names of other people that may support the nomination.
- The nomination must also include adequate supporting documents to substantiate the efforts and conditions under which they occurred. These may include official reports, stories, news articles and information on any other awards or recognition.
- The total nomination submission may not exceed six pages (8.5” x 11”) of material in 12 pt. font.
- All nominations should be typed.
Nominations may be made any time. There is no deadline for submissions. If, in the judgment of the city, the nomination is incomplete, not adequately substantiated or illegible, it will be returned to the nominator for further information and resubmission. To receive additional consideration, it must be resubmitted within 30 days. Completed nominations will be reviewed by city council.