St. Louis Park's convenient location as a neighbor to Minneapolis means you're only minutes away from some of the Twin Cities' most attractive amenities: the Chain of Lakes, the downtown theater district, shopping, universities and major league sports.
St. Louis Park is an established community of 10.8 square miles. In a little more than 115 years, it's grown from a village of 45 families to a community of just under 49,000 residents. St. Louis Park has a sound economic base, a healthy mix of new and traditional housing, and a nationally renowned school district – where every school has been named a National School of Excellence.
Residential areas comprise the largest portion of the community. These residential areas are diverse in their social, religious and ethnic heritage – giving every neighborhood a distinct appearance and feel. St. Louis Park is also home to retail stores, restaurants, medical facilities, family-owned businesses, corporations, and churches and synagogues.
St. Louis Park is also proud of the numerous trails and parks in the community. The many trails connect us to downtown Minneapolis, the Uptown area, Hopkins and Chaska. There are 52 parks throughout the city to enjoy (11.5 percent of St. Louis Park's land is set aside for parks). These parks provide recreation, community space and beauty to all St. Louis Park residents in any season.
Residents of St. Louis Park enjoy a multitude of different social and recreational activities to participate in, along with diverse religious, economic and education systems. The options are endless in St. Louis Park. Likewise, the City of St. Louis Park is a place to live for a lifetime.
On May 21, 2018, the St. Louis Park City Council adopted the following strategic priorities:
- St. Louis Park is committed to being a leader in racial equity and inclusion in order to create a more just and inclusive community for all.
- St. Louis Park is committed to continue to lead in environmental stewardship.
- St. Louis Park is committed to providing a broad range of housing and neighborhood oriented development.
- St. Louis Park is committed to providing a variety of options for people to make their way around the city comfortably, safely and reliably.
- St. Louis Park is committed to creating opportunities to build social capital through community engagement.
St. Louis Park offers a variety of transportation modes allowing residents and visitors to easily and inexpensively travel throughout the city and the entire metro region.
Metro Transit buses serve St. Louis Park year-round and express buses to the University of Minnesota run during the academic year. Bus schedules are usually available at city hall and the Hennepin County Public Library.
- Information on routes, schedules and fares — 612.373.3333
- 24-hour automated schedule information line (you need to know your route) — 612.341.4287
- Reserved line for the deaf and hard of hearing — 612.341.0140
- St. Louis Park area transit system map