The Arts & Culture Grant Program is a collaborative program between the City of St. Louis Park, the St. Louis Park Youth Development Fund and St. Louis Park Friends of the Arts. The program makes grant dollars available every year for music, visual arts, theater, film, multimedia, dance and other art projects. It provides funding for new arts programs that support community pride, connect artists and the community, and engage people in creative learning.
Artists, arts groups, students, community groups, and neighborhood, cultural and religious organizations are encouraged to apply. Applicants do not need to live in St. Louis Park, but projects must take place within the city.
The grant program is designed to fund proposals that:
- Support community pride and build bridges between artists and communities in St. Louis Park
- Showcase new and emerging artists and/or new opportunities for established artists
- Are accessible and appeal to large populations
- Engage people in creative learning experiences through the arts
- Provide opportunities to increase and promote artistic production and cultural experiences
Projects/proposals selected for funding will be arts-related and community-based, provide artistic enrichment and create opportunities for artistic collaboration.
View grant program information, including eligibility and requirements, selection criteria, resources, timeline and commonly asked questions.
How to apply
Complete the online 2020 Art & Culture Grant application.
A PDF application is also available.
The application deadline for 2020 grants is Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, at 4:30 p.m.
2019 grant applications timeline
- July 1, 2019 – Application available
- Sept. 30, 2019 – Application submission deadline
- Oct. 2019 – Committee application review
- End of November 2019 – Council approval of grantees and award funds
Past grant recipients
View a list of past grant recipients.