The Arts & Culture Grant Program is a collaborative program between the City of St. Louis Park, the St. Louis Park Youth Development Fund and St. Louis Park Friends of the Arts. The program makes grant dollars available every year for music, visual arts, theater, film, multimedia, dance and other art projects. It provides funding for new arts programs that support community pride, connect artists and the community, and engage people in creative learning.
Artists, arts groups, students, community groups, and neighborhood, cultural and religious organizations are encouraged to apply. Applicants do not need to live in St. Louis Park, but projects must take place within the city.
The grant program is designed to fund proposals that:
- Support community pride and build bridges between artists and communities in St. Louis Park
- Showcase new and emerging artists and/or new opportunities for established artists
- Are accessible and appeal to large populations
- Engage people in creative learning experiences through the arts
- Provide opportunities to increase and promote artistic production and cultural experiences
Projects/proposals selected for funding will be arts-related and community-based, provide artistic enrichment and create opportunities for artistic collaboration.
How to apply
Application forms are available in the spring around the end of May for projects done the following year.
Those interested in applying for the 2019 grants can:
- Complete the 2019 online grant application
- Download the 2019 Arts & Culture Grant application and send in
Downloaded applications should be saved and emailed it to email@example.com, faxed to 952.925.5663, or mailed or dropped-off to The Rec Center, 3700 Monterey Drive.
Application deadline for 2019 grants: Sept. 10, 2018, at 4:30 p.m.
2019 grant applications timeline
- May 30, 2018 – Application available
- Sept. 10, 2018 – Application submission deadline
- October 2018 – Committee application review
- End of November 2018 – Council approval of grantees and award funds
Past grant recipients
View a list of past grant recipients.