Let us know what your favorite place is in St. Louis Park!
For the 2019-20 city-school calendar, we are looking for photos that best reflect the theme “My favorite place in St. Louis Park.” Selected photos from the contest will be featured on the top of calendar months with the photographer’s name and photo title.
Calendars are mailed to every household in St. Louis Park and are given out at school district and city offices. They will also be available online.
Photos for the calendar months (12) will be selected by judges from the City of St. Louis Park, St. Louis Park School District and Pernsteiner Creative Group.
The cover photo will feature the People's Choice winner, which was selected based on the number of votes received.
- August 2019 – Nancy Koursh, Sunset baseball
- September 2019 – Daniel Ignatowicz, In the tree above
- October 2019 – Mark Oestreich, Fall splendor
- November 2019 – Kurt Duerksen, Autumn evening
- December 2019 – Joe Stevens, Baby’s first skate at Oak Hill Park (also People’s Choice winner)
- January 2020 – Keith Johnson, Bass Lake Preserve after a snow storm
- February 2020 – Carolyn Cleveland, Heart of the park
- March 2020 – Tony Nugteren, Wood duck jump day
- April 2020 – Eric Anondson
- May 2020 – Bruce Lindquist, Along historic Lilac Way
- June 2020 – Jolene Roehlkepartain, Deer at Westwood Hills Nature Center
- July 2020 – Janine Mechelke, Magic all around
- August 2020– Michael Woodard, Lunch at Wolfe Park
The lucky voter selected at random is Gail Miller.
Thank you to everyone who participated in submitting photos and voting online!
- Contest submissions begin — Jan. 7
- Photo submissions due — May 30
- Voting for People's Choice winner begins — May 31
- Voting for People's Choice winner ends — June 13
- Final photos due to city office — June 13
- Winners selected/announced — June 14
- Calendar printed/mails — End of July