Minikahda Vista residents are actively involved in the community and their neighborhood association. The association hosts a Plant Swap and Sale with the Browndale Neighborhood, annual neighborhood garage sale attended by residents from all over the metro area, and National Night Out where more than 400 residents get together and celebrate. We also publish a quarterly online newsletter and bi-weekly city news and neighborhood alerts.
- Ted Ekkers, chair, garage sale chair — 952.300.0081, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Wells, treasurer — 952.929.7626, email@example.com
- Linda Jennings, newsletter and advertising — 952.925.4283, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan and Ann Olson, National Night Out chairs — 651.295.6243, email@example.com
- Claudia Johnston-Madison, welcome committee, email news distribution — 952.270.4481, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Del Askegaard, welcome committee — 952.922.6254, email@example.com
- OPEN POSITION FOR 2019 - plant swap chair
City council ward
The Minikahda Vista Neighborhood is in Ward 2.
For your council representative's name, go to the city council page.
- North: Excelsior Boulevard
- South: Morningside Road and City of Edina
- East: City of Edina and City of Minneapolis
- West: Wooddale Avenue South
- Schools: Susan Lindgren Elementary School is located in the neighborhood
- Neighborhood parks: Minikahda Vista Park
- Housing: most of the homes were built in the 1940s
- Nearby: Excelsior and Grand, Miracle Mile shopping centers, The Rec Center and Recreation Outdoor Center (ROC), Veterans' Memorial Amphitheater and Wolfe Park, and Park Nicollet campus