Minikahda Vista residents are actively involved in the community and their neighborhood association. The association hosts a Plant Swap and Sale with the Browndale Neighborhood, annual neighborhood garage sale attended by residents from all over the metro area, and National Night Out where more than 400 residents get together and celebrate. We also publish a quarterly online newsletter and bi-weekly city news and neighborhood alerts.
Ted Ekkers, Chair 952-300-0081
Adam Fonda, Vice Chair 612-308-5008
Julie Wells, Treasurer 952-929-7626
Linda Jennings, Newsletter 952-925-4283
-OPEN-, Plant Swap & Sale
Ted Ekkers Garage Sale Chair 952-300-0081
-OPEN-, NNO Co-Chairs
Ingrid Culp, Spring Egg Hunt 612-710-5750
Claudia Johnston Madison, Communications Coordinator 952-270-4481
City council ward
The Minikahda Vista Neighborhood is in Ward 2.
For your council representative's name, go to the city council page.
- North: Excelsior Boulevard
- South: Morningside Road and City of Edina
- East: City of Edina and City of Minneapolis
- West: Wooddale Avenue South
- Population: 2016 (2010 Census)
- Schools: Susan Lindgren Elementary School is located in the neighborhood
- Neighborhood parks: Minikahda Vista Park
- Housing: most of the homes were built in the 1940s
- Nearby: Excelsior and Grand, Miracle Mile shopping centers, The Rec Center and Recreation Outdoor Center (ROC), Veterans' Memorial Amphitheater and Wolfe Park, and Park Nicollet campus