A snow emergency is NOT currently in effect.
The Texa-Tonka Neighborhood is organizing their neighborhood association!
For information, contact Alicia Sojourner at 952.924.2602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City council ward
The Texa-Tonka Neighborhood is in Ward 3.
For your council representative's name, go to the city council page.
- North: Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad
- South: Minnetonka Boulevard
- East: Louisiana Avenue South
- West: Virginia Avenue South and Hutchinson Spur Regional Trail
- Population: 1,964 (2002 Census)
- Size: 180.8 acres, 20 blocks
- Neighborhood parks: Ainsworth Park, Texa-Tonka Park and Rainbow Park
- Parks and open space: 4.9 percent
- Commercial/industrial: 18 percent
- Housing: 868 housing units (382 single-family homes, 32 duplexes, 10 townhomes, 75 condominiums and 369 apartment units)
- Average year built (single-family homes) — 1952
- 75 percent of single-family homes were built between 1951 and 1954
- Located in the neighborhood: Hutchinson Spur Regional Trail