Regional Bike Trails
Three bike trails, managed by the Three Rivers Park District, run through St. Louis Park. These trails connect to miles of additional trails running from Minneapolis to Chaska. For details about the regional trail system, contact Three Rivers Park District at 763.559.9000.
Cedar Lake Trail
This 3.6-mile trail links St. Louis Park to downtown Minneapolis. It has separate lanes for bikers and walkers.
Cedar Lake Extension Trail
This 4.3-mile paved trail connects the Cedar Lake Trail from downtown Minneapolis to the Southwest Trail in Hopkins following the Hutchinson Spur rail line.
Cedar Lake Regional Trail
This 5-mile paved trail goes from the Kennilworth Trail near 31st and Chowen Avenue to 11th Avenue in Hopkins. It follows the rail line along Highway 7 and continues west through Hopkins to Chaska. The Southwest Trail also links east to the Kennilworth and Midtown Greenway Trails in Minneapolis.
*trail entrances are noted in the Foldable City/Trail Map below.
- Obey all traffic signs and stop at all road crossings to look for cars.
- Trail users are required to stop and yield to motor vehicle traffic when crossing roadways.
- Travel on the right.
- Pass on the left, in single file only.
- When coming behind a trail user, warn individuals by using a bell or calling out, "passing on your left."
- If you stop, move off the trail.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under the owner's control at all times.
- If you're walking a dog, bring a plastic bag and pick up your pet's feces. Properly dispose in waste containers.