St. Louis Park provides curbside collection of garbage, recycling, organics recycling and yard waste for single-family residential properties. Use the following links to set up or change your services, find your collection day and pay your utility bill.
- Set up or change garbage service
- Set up or change recycling service
- Set up or change organics service
- Find your collection day
- Recycling calendar
- Pay your utility bill
Please contact the following providers if you believe your residential pickup has been missed:
- Garbage or recycling — Waste Management, 763.783.5423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organics recycling or yard waste — Advanced Disposal, 763.786.7233 or email@example.com
Note: If sending an email, please make sure to include your name, address, phone number and indicate whether it was your garbage, recycling, organics or yard waste that was missed.
New residential collection contract begins Oct. 1
Waste Management (WM) was recently selected as the contractor for all solid waste collection services from residences and small businesses who receive city service. The contract will begin Oct. 1, 2018 and last five years. This selection was made after a year-long process of surveying residents, discussions with city council and requesting proposals from 10 hauling companies. WM currently collects residential garbage and recycling and will start collecting organics and yard waste in October. Most of the city’s residential solid waste services will stay the same.
The most significant changes to the program include:
- Additional service levels beginning January 2019, including every-other-week garbage collection for 20- and 30-gallon carts.
- Organics and yard waste will be collected separately beginning Jan. 1, 2019. Residents with organics collection will need to set yard waste out in separate compostable bags or personal reusable containers.
Learn about the upcoming changes to the city’s solid waste program by viewing the solid waste open house presentation that was given during open house events in August 2018. Watch for an updated program guide to be mailed to your home in mid-September.
Are you interested in learning more and educating others about recycling? Become a recycling champion!
Small businesses and multi-family properties
Small businesses and multi-family properties (up to eight units) can participate in the city’s residential solid waste collection programs. For more information, go to the small business and multi-family recycling page.