St. Louis Park provides curbside collection of garbage, recycling, organics recycling and yard waste for single-family residential properties. Use the following links to set up or change your services, find your collection day and pay your utility bill.
- Set up or change garbage service
- Set up or change recycling service
- Set up or change organics service
- Pay your utility bill
- Find your collection day
- Recycling calendar
- Solid waste and recycling guide (October 2018 - September 2023)
If you believe your residential garbage, recycling, organics or yard waste pickup has been missed, contact:
- Waste Management — 763.783.5423, email@example.com
Note: If sending an email, please make sure to include your name, address, phone number and indicate whether it was your garbage, recycling, organics or yard waste that was missed.
New residential collection contract began Oct. 1
Waste Management (WM) recently began providing all solid waste collection services for residences and small businesses who receive city service. The contract began Oct. 1, 2018 and will last five years. Most of the city’s residential solid waste services will stay the same.
The most significant changes to the program begin in 2019 and include:
- Additional service levels beginning January 2019, including every-other-week garbage collection for 20- and 30-gallon carts. Sign-up for these services will begin in December.
- Organics and yard waste will be collected separately beginning Jan. 1, 2019. Residents with organics collection will need to set yard waste out separately in paper lawn bags, certified compostable bags or personal reusable containers.
A detailed solid waste and recycling guide was mailed to households that receive city solid waste collection at the end of September 2018. Make sure to save your guide to reference throughout the year. If you misplaced your guide, you can request a copy be mailed to you by contacting public works at 952.924.2562.
Are you interested in learning more and educating others about recycling? Become a Recycling Champion!
Small businesses and multi-family properties
Small businesses and multi-family properties (up to eight units) can participate in the city’s residential solid waste collection programs. For more information, go to the small business and multi-family recycling page.