Spring Cleanup Day (2020)
Saturday, June 6, 2020
8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
See below for details on items collected and fees. Cash or check accepted for payment, no credit/debit cards. NOTE: Items and fees listed below for the 2020 spring cleanup may change come closer to the actual event.
This event is for St. Louis Park residents only.
Note: Severe weather could affect this event. If ended early or canceled, every effort will be made to provide alternatives. More information will be posted here.
Municipal Service Center
7305 Oxford St.
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Note: Westbound traffic on Oxford Street will not be allowed to turn into the event and must line up on Meadowbrook Road/Oxford Street. Traffic must head east on Oxford Street when exiting the event.
General event questions
Items collected, charged per item (noted below)
- TVs* and monitors*
- Flat panel monitor — $10
- Flat panel TV — $15
- Box/Tube/CRT 28 inches or less — $35
- Box/Tube/CRT over 28 inches — $50 (Note: Hennepin County drop-off facilities charge $10 per TV/monitor; limit five per year)
- Printers, scanners, fax machines — $10 (Note: pricing for printers has been updated since the printing of the Fall Park and Rec Brochure)
- VCR/DVD players, stereos, speakers, blenders and miscellaneous household electronics — $5
- Tires* — $2 off rim, $3 on rim
- Mattresses and box springs (any size) — $20
- Appliances* and microwaves — $15
- Stuffed chair/recliner — $15
- Love seat (two cushion) — $20
- Sofa (three cushion) — $30
- Sofa sleeper — $40
- Sectional (per cushion) — $10 for one cushion, $20 for two cushions, $30 for three cushions
Items collected, charged by volume ($12/car, $22/minivan or SUV, $32/pickup, $34/trailer)
- Large trash items — Broken/unusable items including chairs, tables, lawn/patio furniture, toys, storage containers. Old carpet and carpet padding, large area rugs. Smaller trash items should be placed in your curbside garbage cart.
- Remodeling debris, scrap wood
Items collected for free
- Bicycles in any condition
- Holiday lights and extension cords
- Desktop computer towers,* laptops,* notebooks, keyboards and mice
- Mobile devices — Cell phones, tablets,* MP3 players, cords and chargers
- Scrap metal — Grills, steel shelving, bed frames, gutters, etc. Lawn mowers and snow blowers must be drained of all fluids.
- Paper for shredding — Limit five grocery-sized bags per vehicle. Paper is shredded on-site and will be recycled. Paper that has already been shredded may also be brought to the event for recycling.
- Fluorescent bulbs* and LEDs: Limit 10 bulbs per vehicle. Must be intact/unbroken.
- Textiles: Clean and dry items only. All clothing (usable, torn, stained) including coats, shoes, linens, towels and fabric scraps.
- Small household goods for reuse: Dishes, cookware, collectables, toys and small furniture (end tables, coffee tables, shelves, pictures, lamps). Only items in good condition.
*It's illegal to throw these items in the garbage. For proper disposal of these items, and to view items not accepted at this event, check out Hennepin County's Green Disposal Guide or call 612.348.3777.
Items not accepted
- Batteries (the city can no longer collect batteries, visit www.hennepin.us/batteryrecycling for options)
- Dirt, sod, rocks
- Yard waste, tree debris
- Business waste
- Household hazardous waste (paint, chemicals, automotive fluids, etc.)
Can't make the event?
You may decide to pay to have items picked up at your residence. Waste Management provides collection for appliances, bulky materials, electronics and more at the curb, for a fee. Call Waste Management at 763.783.5423 for details.
Many items accepted at the city's cleanup events are accepted year-round at other locations in the metro area. Visit Hennepin County's Green Disposal Guide for information.
- Wait times: Reduce your wait time and vehicle load fees by coordinating with your neighbors or friends to load up one vehicle to deliver items to the cleanup.
- Safety: For your safety, we ask that you do not walk or bike in with your materials for drop-off.
- Donations and reuse: More reuse opportunities are available by searching the Choose to Reuse website.
- Other city cleanup events: The city holds two cleanup day events each year in June and September.