What's included with your quarterly rate
- Use of city-owned garbage, recycling and organics recycling carts (must opt in to receive organics cart)
- Collection of garbage that fits inside the cart
- Collection of recyclables that fit inside the cart, along with extra recyclables placed in paper bags or boxes next to the cart
- Collection of organics recycling that fits inside the cart
- Collection of yard waste from April to November
Your total rate depends on the size of your garbage cart.
2018 solid waste collection rates
|Service Level||Cart Sizes||Quarterly Rate|
|20||30 (with 20-gallon insert)||$29.40|
|120||60 + 60||$176.40|
|150||60 + 90||$220.50|
|180||90 + 90||$264.60|
|270||90 + 90 + 90||$396.90|
|360||90 + 90 + 90 + 90||$529.20|
Your standard rate does not cover collection of garbage that does not fit easily in your cart with the lid closed. If you have extra bags of household garbage, they must be marked with a $2 extra garbage sticker to ensure they are picked up.
These stickers are ONLY for bags of regular household garbage. They are not for bulky items like carpeting or furniture, appliances, electronics or yard waste.
Extra garbage stickers can be purchased at:
- Municipal Service Center counter (first floor)
- City Hall counter (first floor)
- Utility billing counter (third floor at City Hall)
- Inspections counter (second floor at City Hall)
- By mail (address below, make checks payable to utility billing)
5005 Minnetonka Blvd.
St. Louis Park, MN 55416