Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Business and contractor licenses issued by the City of St. Louis Park are shown below.  If you have questions or need more information, contact the Building and Energy Department at 952.924.2588.

How to apply for a business or contractor license

Printable license applications are below. It is recommended that you download and save the completed application to your computer for your records. Some applications include an optional digital signature field. View steps on creating a digital signature.

  • Mail — Provide a check for payment, or include a name and phone number to be contacted for credit card payment. Mail application to:

City of St. Louis Park Building and Energy Department
5005 Minnetonka Blvd.
St. Louis Park, MN 55416

  • Email — Email to Include a name and phone number to be contacted for credit card payment.

  • Fax — Fax to 952.924.2663. Fax is secured and you may add credit card information on the fax cover sheet.

  • In person — Apply in person at City Hall, 5005 Minnetonka Blvd. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Please note - fillable forms are only supported on the Internet Explorer 10+ browser.

Business and contractor licenses

Billboard license Rental license (see property owner page for crime free housing) Lease Addendum
Commercial entertainment license Parking facility license
Competency card Pawnbroker license
Courtesy bench license Solid waste contractor license
Dog license and off leash dog park Tobacco products license
Dog kennel license Tanning facility license
Environmental emissions license Temporary use license (petting zoos, carnivals, outdoor retail sales)
Massage establishment license Tree maintenance contractor license
Massage therapist license Workers' compensation form
Mechanical contractor license Sexually-oriented business license (call for application)

Additional licenses issued by St. Louis Park

Other licenses

Licenses listed below are not issued by the City of St. Louis Park and are not available at City Hall. They are issued by Hennepin County, the State of Minnesota or the U.S. government. Click the links below to be directed to those websites.

View the following Hennepin County licenses and permits on the Hennepin County website:

  • Hunting licenses
  • Birth certificates
  • Marriage licenses
  • Death certificates
  • Minnesota state ID cards
  • Driver’s licenses
  • Fishing licenses
  • Snowmobile licenses
  • Watercraft licenses

For passports, visit the U.S. Department of State website

For food and beverage or lodging licenses, visit Hennepin County Environmental Health or the Minnesota Department of Agriculture website.

Mechanical continuing educational opportunities