A snow emergency is currently NOT in effect. 


ePlans (ProjectDox)

  • Apply for Permit
  • Pay for Approved Plan Review Fee
  • Search for Property Permit History
See below for types of permits and plans that can be submitted online.


 Permit Fee Schedule 

How to Apply for a Building or Construction Permit

See list of permit applications below. It is recommended that you download and save the application to your computer for your records. Some applications include an optional digital signature field - see how to create a digital signature with this step-by-step tutorial.

  • Mail application to City of St. Louis Park, Inspections Department, 5005 Minnetonka Boulevard, St. Louis Park, MN 55416. Provide a check for payment, or include a name and phone number to be contacted for credit card payment.
  • Email application to Include a name and phone number to be contacted for credit card payment.
  • Fax application to 952.924.2663. Fax is secured and you may add credit card information on the fax cover sheet.
  • Apply in person at City Hall, 5005 Minnetonka Boulevard. The Inspections Department is on 2nd Floor, and office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30AM – 4:30PM.
  • Apply online with ePermits for the following single-family residential, single-items only. If you don’t see what you are looking for in the following list, you must apply by mail, email, fax or in person. Note: In ePermits you must click the Create and Print Permit box in order for the process to be completed.
  • Building Permit for Residential
    • Residential re-roofing with asphalt shingles on a sloped roof
    • Residential re-roofing a house, or house and garage, or garage only
    • Residential re-siding of a house, or house and garage, or garage only
  • Electrical Permit for Residential
    • A/C and/or Furnace, or a NSP Saver Switch
  • Mechanical Permit for Residential
    • A/C and/or Furnace, or a Single Fuel Burning Appliance
  • Plumbing Permit for Residential
    • Water Heater, Water Softener, or a Drinking System
  • Point of Sale Permit for Residential
    • Single Family Home, Townhouse, Condo, or Duplex

Submit Building Plans Online

You can use ProjectDox to submit building permit plans online for new commercial construction, commercial additions or alterations, or new residential construction. To see how, click here: How do I submit building plans online?

You May Need a Construction Management Plan

Construction Management Plans are required for some projects. To find out if you need one, visit the Construction Management Plan page.

Building and Construction Permits


Building Permit Permit Packet - New Residential Construction
Electrical Permit Permit Packet - Residential Remodels/Additions
Mechanical Permit Permit Packet - Residential Decks
Plumbing Permit Permit Packet - Commercial, Additions and Alterations
Sewer & Water Permit Permit Packet - Commercial, New Construction
Temporary Noise Permit  

Handouts and Forms

Site Plan Example Guidelines - Asphalt Shingle Roofing 
Smoke Alarms & CO Detectors Guidelines - Construction of Garages
Demolition Deposit Form Guidelines - Construction of Porches
Dishwasher Handout Heating Equipment Inspection Record
Egress Window Handout Hiring a Residential Contractor
Property Owner Waiver Lead Certification Exemption Form
Energy Code Compliance Special Testing & Inspection Schedule
Backflow Devices Backflow Preventer Testing Form
Radon Control Systems ADA Parking Requirements
Solar Photovoltaic Systems Alt. Material, Design, or Construction Method
Data Request Form Fax Cover Sheet


Permits Related to Zoning Ordinances

The following permits and applications are related to zoning ordinances and are administered by the Community Development Department. If you have any questions about these permits, call Community Development at 952.924.2575.

Administrative Permit Applications
Fence Permit
Mobile Use Permit — food truck, medical truck, etc.
Shed Permit — 200 square feet or smaller
Sign Permit — Permanent
Sign Permit — Temporary
Parking Lot or Driveway
Temporary Use Permit — for events lasting more than 14 days

Administrative Permit Handouts
Building a Fence 
Garages and Accessory Buildings
Locating a Property Line
Setbacks — New Construction, Addition & Attached Garages
Setbacks — Porches, Decks, Patios & Stoops
Storage Sheds

Non-Administrative Permits — The following permits require Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission or City Council approval. Applications can be found on the Planning & Zoning page. Please call Community Development at 952.924.2575 for more information before completing your application.