Learn about the city's COVID-19 response and resources. Learn more.

Utility billing is a part of the finance division, and works closely with the water and sewer utilities and garbage and recycling divisions. Utility billing bills for water, sewer, storm drainage and solid waste services. Title company requests and special assessments are also handled by utility billing.

How do I pay my bill? 

Use any of the following options to pay your bill.


Pay online through InvoiceCloudNo fee is added to make a payment. You can make a one-time payment or register your account and set up automatic, recurring schedule payments.


Register your account through InvoiceCloud and pay by text.


Pay at city hall, 5005 Minnetonka Blvd, before 5 p.m. Cash or checks are accepted.

By phone

Call 952.924.2111 and select option 1.

Bill pay

Bank bill pay services are accepted. Please include your 18-digit account number when submitting your payment.

New residents

Solid waste carts are typically left at the property when someone moves out. Please verify you don't already have a cart before requesting one. Visit the garbage and recycling page for more information. New residents will need to receive their first bill by mail before they are able to register on InvoiceCloud for any of their options including autopay and paperless bills.

Find your collection day or find your billing months.

How do I set up or cancel services? 

Choose from one of the following options to set up or cancel services if moving. The only service that can be suspended if not in use during a vacancy is garbage. View the garbage hold request form for details.

  1. Complete and submit the utility billing moving in form or moving out form
  2. Call utility billing at 952.924.2111. 
  3. Use myStLouisPark, and go through the following steps. This is recommended for new residents who may use the app for other requests in the future:
    • Visit the myStLouisPark website or download the app for Apple or Android.
    • Once you’re in the app, click "submit request" and the app will open a menu. If you’re using the website, it should automatically load the menu after you enter your location.
    • From the menu, click on "utility billing."
    • Then choose either "resident move in" or "resident move out" and fill out the required information.
    • To submit the form, you will first have to create an account. You can skip this step by clicking the button labeled skip on the confirmation box. 

    Utility rates

    Every year, the City of St. Louis Park reviews its utility rates, operations budget, Capital Improvement Plan and Long Range Financial Management Plan to make sure funds will be sustainable in the long term.

    View the understanding your utility bill handout for more information. 

    Continuous flow (leak) notices

    Homeowners are responsible for all water use, even if it results from a leak.

    How to check for a leak

    First, check your water meter to confirm the leak. Your water meter is inside your home and has two indicators showing water use. Follow the steps below or watch the water leak detection video to see how to check it:

    1. Open the black cap on top of the meter.
    2. Shine a flashlight on the solar panel. It’s important to use a flashlight, not a smartphone – the smartphone light isn’t strong enough to activate the panel.
    3. The screen below the solar panel will then display the current water meter reading in gallons. 
    4. It will also flash other indicators such as “leak” or “rate of flow.” If you see a light in the shape of a faucet, this indicates an intermittent flow (flashing faucet) or continuous flow (faucet light stays on). The rate of flow should be 0.00 if there is no water flowing through the meter.
    What to do after you confirmed you have a leak

    Once you’ve determined you have a leak, check common leak sources like toilets, water softener malfunctions, indoor and outdoor faucets, humidifiers attached to furnaces and irrigation systems. You may be able to hear a leak before you see it, so listen carefully for water flow or leaks. If you can’t find anything, you may want to hire a plumber to investigate.