Investigations / Support Services
The Support Services Division is comprised of a lieutenant, two sergeants, one agent and 11 police officers in various special assignments. The police officers are assigned to geographical areas of the city in an effort to develop relationships with business owners and citizens and better analyze trends in crime and disorder occurring in neighborhoods...
updated: Friday, May 05, 2017
Teens learn about a law enforcement career from St. Louis Park police officers by participating in Police Explorers. Participants see police work first-hand through monthly ride-alongs with patrol officers. They also receive training in first aid, gun safety and personal defense, and learn about police investigations, traffic stops and other aspects...
updated: Monday, February 06, 2017
Three police officers are assigned as School Liaison Officers during the school year. If you have a concern or question about a student during the school year, please call one of the school liaison officers as follows:
|Officer Max Peltola
School Liaison SLP Senior High School
|(952) 928-6101 OR
|Officer Pam Gronski
School Liaison/D.A.R.E. Junior High School
|(952) 928-6392 OR
|Officer Jennifer Capobianco
D.A.R.E. SLP Elementary Schools
Officer Aaron Balvin
Here are a few examples of issues that may merit a call to a liaison officer
- Concerns about suspicious persons near bus stops, parks or schools (Call 911 if person is currently near children!)
- Questions about laws regarding truancy, curfew, smoking, driving privileges, etc.
- Concerns about a child who may be a victim of abuse or neglect
- Advice on managing a child who's gravitating toward "the wrong crowd"
- Help on handling harassment or threats
- Information on identifying early signs of juvenile alcohol or drug use
- Referrals to agencies that provide counseling, mediation or other assistance.
updated: Monday, March 13, 2017
The department participates in the Southwest Metro Drug Task Force, which includes officers from the cities of Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Minnetonka and the Hennepin County Sherriff's Department. The task force members work together to conduct undercover operations and drug enforcement. One St. Louis Park patrol officer is assigned...