St. Louis Park, Minnesota Logo


printer friendly versionContact by Phone 952.924.2111

Utility Billing

sort: title | date

Water leak detection

updated: Wednesday, July 20, 2016

I received a letter that I may have continuous water flow (water leak). How do I use my water meter to help determine if I have continuous water flow?
Since homeowners are responsible for all water use, even results from a leak, it’s important to investigate the cause of the continuous flow. First, check your water meter to confirm the continuous flow. Your water meter is inside your home and has two indicators showing water use. Here’s how to check it:

  1. Open the black cap on top of the meter.
  2. Shine a flashlight on the solar panel. (It’s important to use a flashlight, not a smartphone – the smartphone light isn’t strong enough to activate the panel.)
  3. The screen below the solar panel will then display the current water meter reading in gallons.
  4. FaucetIt will also flash other indicators such as “Leak” or “Rate of Flow.” If you see a faucet (shown on right) this indicates an intermittent flow (flashing faucet) or continuous flow (faucet light stays on). The rate of flow should be 0.00 if there is no water flowing through the meter. 

If you’d like to see a video showing this process, please view the video below.

I’ve determined there is a leak. How do I fix it?
Common leak sources are toilets, water softener malfunctions, indoor and outdoor faucets, humidifiers attached to furnaces and irrigation systems. Check these out first. Often a leak may be more audible than visible, so listen carefully for water flow or leaks. Once you find the leak, you may be able to fix it or you may need to hire a professional. If you can’t find anything, you may want to hire a plumber to investigate.

Start or stop utility service

updated: Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Moving in or moving out of St. Louis Park? You can establish or cancel utility billing service using three options:

  1. Use the MyStLouisPark app or the MyStLouisPark website.
  2. Use the Utility Billing moving out or moving in forms on our website. Links below.
  3. Call Utility Billing at 952.924.2111

OPTION 1: MyStLouisPark app and website
Download links for both Apple and Android version are below

If you do not have an Apple or Android product or do not wish do download the app, you can visit and the same menu options will be available.

Within the app, you can click Submit Request and the app will then take you to the menu screen. The website automatically loads the menu screen.

Once on the menu screen, click on Utility Billing.

Next choose either Resident Move In or Resident Move Out from the options. Fill out the required information and submit the form.

To submit the form you can either make an account or submit without making account (small text or button labeled skip on the confirmation box)


OPTION 2: City of St. Louis Park utility billing moving in and moving out forms

Utility billing FAQs

updated: Wednesday, July 20, 2016

If you are going to be a new owner or renter, please call the utility billing department at 952.924.2111, option 6, to have someone check to be sure the previous resident has called to cancel service and that there are no past due amounts on the account. The utility billing department can let you know what level of garbage service is currently...

More Links

Utility Billing
5005 Minnetonka Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Phone: 952.924.2111 Email: